[testing page for new unFold submission guidelines]
unFold 2.0 will redesign our Twitter-poetry zine to:
- Allow poets more space
- Keep the title and poem together
- Make the poems grab the eye in a sea of visual noise
- Harness the power of hashtags to find new readers.
To be considered, poems must:
- Have a title, and that title must be 70 characters or less
- Be 1 – 10 lines (of reasonable length)
- Have a / at the end of each line and a // at the end of each stanza (in case the form eats your line breaks)
- Be previously unpublished OR only published on your own blog OR only published in print
- Follow all submission guidelines. Submissions that do not follow the guidelines will be deleted without notification.
Even though poems will be longer than 140 characters, by embedding them on images they will still be able to post on the unFold Twitter stream. We will also archive the poem/image combo on the unFold blog. At the beginning, we ask that you only send us one poem at a time. Please wait until you hear from us on your first submission before sending us another. We’ll only be posting one poem a week on Fridays, so please send your best short work. We will also consider visual art by the poet to accompany the poem, but we reserve the right to select an alternate piece from another artist if we feel it will better serve the poem and the zine. We will respond to submissions as quickly as possible, but initially it may take some time to decide on the best poems to launch this new concept.
By filling out the form below, you grant us non-exclusive rights to publish the submitted work electronically in perpetuity and certify that the submitted work does not violate the copyrights or trademarks of any other individuals or entities.